Thank you for your patience and continued interest in the Quebec RE3 conference over the last few months. With your safety in mind, there was a mutual decision to cancel the in-person RE3 conference in June 2021. You should have received an email earlier detailing the reasonings for this cancellation. While we are sorry that RE3 will not be happening at this time, we are excited that SER2021 will be moving forward virtually on June 21 – 24, 2021, giving us an opportunity to make the 9th World Conference on Ecological Restoration more accessible and global than ever. SER is working to develop updated information on the conference and will be providing pertinent information via www.ser2021.org and email.
The goal is to continue SER2021 with as many of the excellent existing abstract submissions as possible. All accepted abstracts from RE3 remain accepted, though presentation formats may change. Although the conference theme and venue will be changing, we hope that you will still choose to participate virtually in SER2021 and celebrate the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
At this point, you have the following two options regarding your accepted ABSTRACT:
1. Transfer to SER2021
- You do not need to do anything if you would like to present your already accepted abstract as part of SER2021.
- Your abstract will be automatically transferred to SER2021, and you will be notified by November 16, 2020 of the transfer.
- You will have the chance to make minor updates to your accepted abstract or proposal for SER2021. The SER2021 team will follow up in November with information on how to update your abstract or proposal.
2. Withdraw your abstract
- If you do not want to transfer your symposium, workshop, training, or abstract (invited or contributed) to SER2021, please let us know by November 1, 2020.
- If you were planning to give an invited talk in a symposium, please ALSO let your session organizer know as soon as possible that you are planning to withdraw.
- To withdraw your abstract or session, send an email with your Reference# to: email@example.com.
Spread the word! The SER2021 call for symposia, workshops, and trainings will remain open through November 15, 2020 (more information can be found here). Proposals received between August 3 and November 15 in response to the call from RE3 or SER2021 will be reviewed.
REGISTRATION REFUNDS: Registration for SER2021 will open later this year! Everyone will be receiving a refund for their paid registration fees for the Quebec RE3 conference. Starting October 13, 2020, our accounting department will begin to process refunds on the same payment method used during registration. There might be 72 hours delay before it appears due to the high volume of transactions.
Please note that the conference will be charged CAN$50 (approximately US$35) in administrative fees for every cancellation. For those who do not have the financial capacity to cover this administrative fee, you can make a request to us at the latest Monday, October 12, 2020 to waive said fee. For those who are financially able, however, we appreciate your coverage of the administrative fee to help limit losses to the societies.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SER2021 CLRA Québec RE3 Conference – Organizing Committee
Secretariat SER2021 CLRA Québec RE3 Conference
Conferium Conference Services
425, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
Québec QC G1S 1S2